Almonds Health Benefits
Almonds are not only delicious, versatile, and portable, but are nutritionally beneficial on a number of levels.
Some of those nutrients are similar to the ones in whole grains, but without all the starch. The health advantages of almonds include getting respite from constipation, respiratory disorders, cough, hearth disorders, anemia, impotency, and diabetes.
Almonds also helps in hair care, skin care (psoriasis), and dental care. Although Almonds are high in fat and calories, eating them in moderation can certainly help with weight reduction. Almonds are also known to have great medicinal value.
Here's are the benefits you'll get from Almonds:
- Almonds are a source of many nutrients that assist in growth and development of the brain. Almond induces high intellectual level and has been considered as an essential food item for growing children.
- Almonds also help in preventing heart disease by strengthening the heart muscles and decreasing the bad cholesterol level while simultaneously boosting the good cholesterol levels.
- Almonds are loaded with manganese, riboflavin, and copper, all of which aid in energy production. If you are always on the go, try making almond based snacks your go-to snacks.
- Almonds in addition have a stabilizing impact on sugar and insulin levels after meals, offering protection from diabetes.
- Almonds are dense in fiber and help in the prevention of constipation. It is also advisable to drink a lot of water after eating almonds. Fiber in Almonds also improve the movement of food through the colon, thereby preventing colon cancer.
- Almonds are good in pregnancy as they contain folic acid which helps to minimize the incidence of birth defects in newborn babies. The potassium in Almond also assists in regulating blood pressure and since it is low in sodium, it helps in managing blood pressure.
Read More Almonds Health Benefits